We are committed to protecting your privacy online and we always treat your privacy as we do our own. This update is part of our continued commitment to you by making our policies more clear, making sure you have control over your own personal data, and securing your data with cutting-edge encryption and technologies to safeguard the integrity and availability of our systems, and administrative and physical safeguards.
This policy describes how New Equations collects, uses, shares, and protects information collected on our websites or through our products and services, as well as your choices regarding use, access, and correction of your personal information.
We have included provisions that clarify our efforts to comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, effective May 25, 2018. New Equations will update this page and the policies related to the GDPR on an ongoing basis, as needed.
Why do we collect your information?
To sustain a New Equations community that is thriving, growing, and effective, we collect information so we can more efficiently and creatively communicate with our community, customers, and others who are interested in New Equations.
What information do we collect from you?
Personal information we collect:
- Your name, email address, zip code, country, messages, and any other information you might share when you join a program, such as your postal address and telephone number.
- Log Files. Any time you visit any of our websites, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of the site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally. This is non-personally identifying information (we do not know your identity).
- Details of any purchase or financial gift you make to New Equations, including the amount, currency, and method of payment. We do not store your credit card information or banking details – that’s done through our secure payment processors.
- If you have chosen to sign up for a personal on-line account with New Equations so that you could track your purchases and programs, you have the option to manage your account in your account settings.
- The history of purchases, programs in which you participated, donations/financial gifts you made.
- Information you voluntarily submit in a form on the websites or that you share when you contact us.
- Information you voluntarily submit in a form on the websites such as blog responses, product reviews, testimonials, etc. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information. For interactive content and community services where you may choose to have a public profile, we may display your non-personal identifying information to other community members and visitors. You may choose to provide us with your photo(s), video(s), recordings or other media, and by providing this to us, you agree that we may, with your permission, make it available to other visitors until your permission is removed.
- Social media information that you share with us until, if, or when, you ask that it be removed.
- Data relating to whether you open our emailed newsletter, click newsletter links, or share newsletters.
How we use your personal information:
New Equations will need to obtain your personal and demographic information in order to secure your registration and to comply with applicable legal requirements. To register for a training session, workshop, purchase music, or make other New Equations purchases, you must provide contact information (e.g. name, email and mailing address) and financial information (e.g. credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for government reporting, billing purposes and to fulfill your registration needs. If we have trouble processing an order or a payment, we will use this information to contact you.
Other ways we use your personal data:
- Send you information about New Equations via any channels you have requested and consented to: email, phone/SMS, and/or social media messaging, etc.
- Answer your queries.
- Give you opportunities to get involved in special New Equations projects.
- If, or when, New Equations sends targeted marketing communications, you will receive marketing only if you have opted in.
- Verify your identity and your access to services.
- Send you an email receipt for purchases or programs, a thank you message for signing up for events or programs, to acknowledge donations, or to communicate about programs and training and products you have requested.
- Create a personal New Equations account for you to track your purchases and programs.
- Get an overview of how website visitors use our websites using tools like Google Analytics and other tools to help us see and measure how our website presentations and advertisements are working and if our websites are functioning well, in addition to understanding our website traffic patterns, and identifying any problems with the websites and resolve those problems. This data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
- Use Google Analytics Advertising Features Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, Remarketing and Integrated Services. We do not identify or merge any personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature unless you have been given robust notice of this, and have given us consent by opting-in to this kind of identification.
- Process and deliver your order including such details as managing payments, fees and charges.
- Collect and recover money owed to us.
- Reviews, testimonials, blog post responses, and other such communication from you to New Equations may be retained indefinitely and/or used for promotion with your permission. This permission may be removed at any time by request.
- To administer and protect our business and websites, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, reporting and hosting of data as needed to ensure the websites function well.
- We may disclose user information in an aggregated form as part of our services, or in scientific publications published by New Equations. For example, we might note the number of Soultype 8s with whom we have worked from a particular country. Such disclosure will never include personal identifying information without permission.
- We also may collect and use Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
Special Categories of Personal Data
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you while you visit the websites and/or in connection with New Equations programs (for example, this includes details such as: your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and bio-metric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
New Equations may provide you with links to other websites. We are not responsible for those sites and cannot control the use of information that you submit once you reach those sites, nor can we control the content of what is offered on those sites or on links from those sites. We do not control third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Change of purpose
- We use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason that is aligned with the original purpose.
- If your personal data becomes required for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal grounds.
- We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is permitted and required by law.
Privacy for Children
If you are under the age of 13 (US) or 16 (EU & elsewhere), please ask your parent/guardian for their consent before submitting your personal information to this site. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we have reason to believe that someone is underage and we have collected their personal information without proper consent, we will delete that information from our database.
New Equations does not share any personal information to any company outside of New Equations for marketing purposes. If in the future we ask a third party approved by us to contact you in order to fulfill marketing services we would like to provide to you, we will ensure that we have a GDPR agreement with that third party regarding the use of any data we supply them about you for the purposes of their contacting you.
Through Mailchimp we email our New Equations newsletter, New Equations World, which includes some new program announcements. This is emailed only to those who have signed up to receive it. If we mistakenly send you our New Equations newsletter, use the opt out/unsubscribe link at the newsletter to be removed from our mailing list, or inform us of our error at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information stored in our databases. These measures include the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) technology during credit card transactions, as well as other security measures which are applied to all data at rest and in transit.
We will exercise reasonable care in providing for the secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the internet and accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
All New Equations personnel who have access to customer personal information are informed of our security policies in advance of this access. Personnel are kept informed of all security updates relevant to the successful accomplishment of their work at New Equations. Only personnel who have need for this personal information to perform their job in a secure fashion are allowed this access.
Information disclosed in public locations (reviews posted on New Equations websites, blogs, social media, etc.) cannot be safeguarded by New Equations. If you voluntarily offer any feedback, data, testimonials, blog post responses, other responses, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like, New Equations will treat that portion of your information as non-confidential and nonproprietary and, except as otherwise expressed in this policy, New Equations assumes no obligation to protect such information from disclosure. To request removal of your personally identifiable information from our blog or other public forums, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personally identifiable information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
New Equations will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. By law we are required to keep basic information (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after an individual ceases being a customer/student in training for tax purposes.
Reviews, testimonials, blog post responses, voluntary responses to research surveys and other voluntary surveys, and other communication from you to New Equations, may be retained indefinitely, or until you request that we erase the personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. See below for further information.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You may ask us to stop contacting you by email at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, registration, product/service experience or other transactions based on legal retention requirements.
Do we share your information?
New Equations does not rent or sell your personal information and will only share it with the parties described below as required by law, or with trusted third parties to provide New Equations services. We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Payment processors: New Equations uses PayPal and Chase Integrated Payments powered by WePay, to process credit card transactions. If you make New Equations purchases, your personal data is accessible via the “My Account” section of the New Equations Shop: https://newequationsmusic.com/shop/account Enter the email address you used to purchase products and click “Get Sign-In Link” to receive an email in your inbox with a link. Click the link and you will be taken to a page with all your past purchases available to view.Payment processors will store certain personal information about you. Please refer to their privacy policies to learn more about how they use your personal information.
- If New Equations is acquired or transferred: (including in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we will share your personal information with the acquiring or receiving entity. If there are material changes in relation to the processing of your personal information, we will give you an opportunity to consent to such changes.
- Sharing with New Equations staff: We do share Names, Address, State, Zip, Phone Numbers, and Email address via a Training Roster supplied to your training leaders and teachers. We also at times share some of this information (primarily name, phone and email) with their Assistant Student-in-Training, as well as at times to fellow students, in order to connect students outside of the course room so they can further train and develop together.
- Personal marketing by students: It is strictly not permitted to solicit other students in your training for personal marketing or solicitation of any kind.
Our use of information obtained from third parties
We may obtain information about you provided to us by third parties such as credit reporting agencies or strategic alliance partners in order to offer you their services and products, to improve our services, or to evaluate your eligibility for our services. However, we will not release personal information about you to them other than in aggregated, derivative form.
How do we keep your information safe?
New Equations offers services worldwide, so your information may be transferred and stored across borders. We use standard industry practices, such as firewalls and encryption, to safeguard your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, or destruction.
All financial transactions, including the transmission of payment details and other personal information, are handled over secure, encrypted connections. We take reasonable steps to ensure that cross-border data transfers comply with existing data protection laws, such as working with third party processors certified in the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks or with those that use standard contractual clauses that bind parties to protect the privacy and security of data. By visiting our websites and communicating electronically with us, you consent to such transfers.
We hold on to your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, unless otherwise required by law. If you request that we stop sending you updates and other communications or delete your information, we will honor your request and keep the minimum amount of information possible to prevent fraud and to help ensure that you are not contacted again.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, all users worldwide have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This includes the option to unsubscribe from our email list at any time by using “unsubscribe” link at bottom of New Equations World newsletter, or by contacting New Equations at email@example.com
How to update and correct personal information
New Equations offers the following options for changing and modifying information previously submitted:
- For any services where you have an account page, you may change your credit card (if applicable), email address, password and other information from the account settings or preferences page.
- You can review and update your personal information in our database by going to your New Equations World Mailchimp subscriber profile page via the link at the bottom of any newsletter.
For your protection, we only update the personal information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. Please do not send sensitive personal information, passwords, banking details, or credit/debit card details via email.
What is the lawful basis for processing your information?
- Consent: We will ask for your consent to use your information to send you details about our New Equations activities, programs, and other offerings.
- Contractual relationships: Should you make purchases, donate to us, sign up for programs, newsletter, or otherwise enter into a contract with us, we’ll need to process your personal information.
- Legal obligations: When strictly necessary, we’ll process your personal information due to a binding legal obligation.
- Legitimate interests: So long as our use is fair, balanced, and doesn’t unduly impact your rights, we will collect and process your personal information when we have a legitimate interest that serves the New Equations mission, our services, or our activities.
Processing your Sensitive Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under personal data protection laws which include but are not limited to privacy laws in the United States and General Data Protection Regulation in Europe. These include right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data.
- Request correction of your Personal Data.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data.
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Data.
- Request transfer of your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
A little more detail on each:
- Requesting access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”) provides you with access to your data, and/or a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you so that you may check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Requesting correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Requesting erasure of your Personal Data enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Objecting to processing of your Personal Data – You may object if processing your data impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object when we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms. Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Data for activities when our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Requesting a restriction of processing of your Personal Data enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios:
- (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Requesting the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party means we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
For users in the European Union and European Economic Area and Switzerland, you also have the right to complain to your country’s data protection authority, or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ec.europa.eu/info/index_en
You will not have to pay a fee to receive your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights listed above. We may charge a reasonable fee if your request is repetitive or requires that more information be processed for you than reasonably meets legal rights. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We will request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the personal data or to exercise any of your other rights. This is a security measure to make sure that we do not give your personal data to someone who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for more information in relation to your request so that we may speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
Links to other websites
How do I control access to me through email or computer?
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list, you may do so by clicking on the Update Your Preferences / Unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every newsletter that you receive from New Equations.
- You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page.
- You may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-out page.
- Should New Equations place Facebook ads, you may manage and stop the display of ads on your Facebook account: Facebook Settings.
- You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
Your use of our websites and services, including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this privacy statement and the applicable Terms of Service.
UNITED STATES – HEADQUARTERS
Attn: Data Protection
PO Box 2653
San Anselmo, California 94979
Attn: Data Protection
Waldermar Thranesgate 64C
UNITED STATES – HEADQUARTERS
+47 917 93 339